7.10.2007

Growing Pains


It feels like only minutes ago that my little Nova child was safely encompased in my jumbo sized gut and awaiting her curtain call to enter this world. I have never felt so confident of her safety and whereabouts as I did then, and never will I feel that again. My daughter is growing up and is leaving the sanctuary of my womb.....and I'm a wreck!
Tomorrow morning at 9.00am, she is getting on an airplane and flying to Vancouver to visit her dad for 6 whole terrifying days. This trip has been planned for months, discussed for years, and dreaded since insemination. I am doing all that I can to but on a brave face as I discuss it with my little Nova. I say: "Are you so excited to go and visit your daddy? You are going to have so much fun at the beach!" In my head: "Oh my God, is this the last time I'm ever going to see you alive? Please don't die! Please don't die!"
My brave little 3 year old, a born adventurer, is seemingly oblivious to all of the dangers that await her out there in this big, bad, unforgiving world. I mean there are bears in British Columbia, jelly fish at the beach! What if she's allergic to seawater?! What if there is a swarm of angry bees? Or she could be seriously injured in a forest fire! Or worse......get eaten by Pine Beatles!!! What if...what if.....what if..... What if I go completely insane before she gets back?
A Prayer for my Nova baby...(even though I am in no way religious, it really can't hurt, can it?). Ahem......
"Dear Lord, or Lady, or Mother Nature, or whatever......please watch over my precious and beautiful little Nova Child as she explores our world and help her to grow from all that she experiences. Give her strength to bond with her father and his family, and to feel completely welcomed by them. Help her to not miss me as much as I will miss her and please keep whispering in her ear how much I love her. Return to me a child who has learned, laughed, and loved. Most of all, please keep her safe from danger....I want her back. Thank you, I will be forever in your debt."
I am having growing pains. Much like I did as my belly was expanding to make room for my ripening baby, I feel myself expanding further. It goes to show you that even though the baby does one day exit your womb, it remains firmly planted in your gut forever.

No comments: